ABC TV’s Danny Yau joins me as guest co-host for a Sydney pub crawl as we countdown our favourite albums of 2015 and make our cases for them being the best of the bunch.
We also check in with friends of the show Jason Isbell, Will Hoge and Shane Nicholson on what their favorite albums of the year are, You Am I’s Tim Rogers on why he wants his daughter to see Courtney Barnett, Tame Impala’s Julien Barbagallo on what he and the band are listening to on the road and Dan Kelly on the process behind making one of the year’s best records.
JEREMY’S TOP FIVE
5. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
4. Dan Kelly - Leisure Panic
3. Mark Ronson - Uptown Special
2. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
1. Tame Impala - Currents
Read my expanded thoughts on these albums here.
DANNY’s TOP FIVE
5. Robert Forster - Songs to Play
4. Ben Folds - So There
3. Jason Isbell - Something More Than Free
2. Laura Marling - Short Movie
1. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
Listen in the player above or download the episode by clicking here.
Subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts here or search 'My Favorite Album' wherever you listen to podcasts.
My Favorite Album is a podcast on the impact great music has on our lives. Each episode features a guest on their favorite album of all time - why they love it, their history with the album and how it's influenced them.
Jeremy Dylan is a filmmaker, journalist, concert promoter and photographer. He directed the the feature music documentary Jim Lauderdale: The King of Broken Hearts (out now!) and the film Benjamin Sniddlegrass and the Cauldron of Penguins.
If you've got any feedback or suggestions, drop us a line at email@example.com.
- Like the podcast on Facebook here.
- If you dig the show, please leave a rating or review of the show on iTunes here.