10 conversations about the highs and lows of music in 2016:
- Emmy winner Jeff Greenstein (Friends, Will & Grace) on when David Bowie guest starred on his first TV sitcom. (1:29)
- How Melbourne indie soul band Cookin’ on 3 Burners had a smash hit on the French dance charts with a seven year old song. (14:35)
- Americana singer/songwriter Melody Pool on finding her way back to her darkest emotional places to write her stellar album Deep Dark Savage Heart. (27:01)
- ARIA-nominee Lisa Mitchell on struggling with how to listen to music in the modern age. (40:49)
- Nashville-based Aussie ex-pat Emma Swift on being artistically radicalised by the election of Donald Trump. (45:34)
- Filmmaker Brian Koppelman (Billions, Rounders, Ocean’s 13) on what music to listen to to get through the Trump blues, and what to expect from music in the coming years. (57:49)
- Crowded House guitarist/keyboardist Mark Hart on the inside story of their triumphant reunion shows at the Sydney Opera House forecourt. (1:03:31)
- You Am I guitarist Davey Lane on a year of playing with his living heroes and paying tribute to his dead ones. (1:31:01)
- Singer/songwriter Alex Lahey on writing some of the year’s best songs for her debut EP and what to expect from her imminent debut album. (1:32:08)
- Host Jeremy Dylan reveals his 10 favorite albums of 2016. (1:49:24)
Listen in the player above or download the episode by clicking here.
Subscribe to the podcast in Apple Podcasts here or search 'My Favorite Album' wherever you listen to podcasts.
My Favorite Album is a podcast on the impact great music has on our lives. Each episode features a guest on their favorite album of all time - why they love it, their history with the album and how it's influenced them.
Jeremy Dylan is a filmmaker, journalist, concert promoter and photographer. He directed the the feature music documentary Jim Lauderdale: The King of Broken Hearts (out now!) and the filmBenjamin Sniddlegrass and the Cauldron of Penguins.
If you've got any feedback or suggestions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like the podcast on Facebook here.
- If you dig the show, please leave a rating or review of the show on iTunes here.